Lemon Butter Garlic Steelhead Recipe
Try our delicious mouth watering recipe for Lemon Butter Garlic Steelhead Salmon. A healthy and succulent dinner option the entire family is guaranteed to enjoy.
- 1 Large lemon
- 1.5 pounds Steelhead portions
- 1/2 stick Unsalted Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic minced (use 4 if smaller cloves)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 sprinkle Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Chopped Parseley for Garnish optional
- 1 sprinkle Red pepper flakes optional
Heat oven to 375 degrees F
Cut the lemon in half. Juice one half and reserve the juice for adding to your sauce. Cut the remaining half into 4-5 thin lemon slices and set aside
Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
Add garlic, redpepper flakes, salt, and pepper to melted butter and sauté, stirring frequently, for about one minute until garlic is fragrant and slightly soft
Remove skillet from heat. Stir in reserved lemon juice and set aside.
Lightly oil a large sheet pan. Place steelhead fillet on pan.
Pour butter mixture over steelhead fillet. Use a pastry brush, the back of a spoon, or your hands to lightly rub the butter mixture into the fish.
Lay reserved lemon slices across the surface of the steelhead. You’re ready to bake!
Bake steelhead at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until cooked through. When it’s cooked, the steelhead will have slightly lightened in color and will be easily flaked with a fork.
Garnish cooked steelhead with fresh chopped parsley. Serve immediately
- It tastes (and looks!) a LOT like salmon – basically, if you like salmon, you’ll probably like steelhead trout.
- Steelhead packs plenty of omega-3s and other vitamins at a fraction of the cost of salmon – so if you’ve been shying away from wild salmon because of the price point, LOOK NO FURTHER! Steelhead is a great alternative.
- We sell Steelhead fillet portions in our online store for just $15.99 per pound!
From start to finish, lemon garlic butter steelhead trout (or salmon), baked in foil is one of the easiest trout recipes in the world. Out of the many recipes for Steelhead that you may find on the internet, this one requires the least amount of time and ingredients. You’re guaranteed a succulent meal the whole family will enjoy.
Our locally sourced steelhead trout is available for purchase on our website. Steelhead trout is very similar to salmon in appearance, however steelhead trout tends to be a little stronger in flavor. Not to be confused with rainbow trout, which tends to be lighter and color and milder in flavor in our experiences. It doesn’t have a very strong “fishy” taste like some other dishes. We think you’ll love it.
This recipe for Lemon Garlic Butter Steelhead doesn’t require a whole lot of preparation or planning in order to produce a masterpiece. You can opt to decide to make this in aluminum foil if you really aren’t in the mood for cooking or cleaning a baking pan. You can also cook this in a foil baking pan for easy disposal. Because it’s a baked fish recipe, it’s extremely healthy and low calorie. It’s a terrific alternative to Salmon and is a wonderful tasting fish you’re guaranteed to enjoy.